Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mirror - Part 2

A few days ago, I had shared about a mirror and how it tells us only the truth. Then I went on to share that every person needs a mirror in life, a teacher, a parent, a true friend... someone who can tell unpolished blunt truth.
One of the feedbacks I received said this - "My belief is that even a mad man walking on the streets, shouting and pouring his anger/tragedy and what not is a Mirror for us, may be not directly for our issues but indirectly pointing us to take care or else......"
Thats so true that I had to share this with everyone.
When I see a man shouting like crazy on the road and being rude to others, I look up and say, Thank God I'm not like that.
Whenever a person drives like a monkey or the hungry coyote and whizzes past me, I just think - Thanks God I don't drive like that.
And then, someone in the office comes and passes a comment on my work, and I don't like it. Then I realise that I said something similar to another colleague a few days ago. This friend has shown me the mirror.
Seeing a friend go through health issues, getting parts of his body taken apart and lying on the table just because he could not drop that last glass or that last butt... even that is a mirror showing me that I have been on the right track so far.
Seeing my friend pile up kilos every year and gathering unnecessary weight on his body only pushes me harder to stay fit.
Next time you see an ant in your house, don't squish it, just shove is far away from its path. What happens next will be a revelation to you. The way it comes back to its tracks again and again and again you might realise something. (and the ant doesn't even read this blog)

My teacher says, some people make mistakes and learn, smart people see others' mistakes and learn. Of course, there's a third category which never learns no matter who's mistake it is.

My point is - 
When you seen someone suffering from cancer because he smokes and drinks, its a clue for you to drop these habits. To continue doing these thinking it will never happen to you is absolutely foolhardy and @#$!#$.
When you see someone driving without a helmet and meeting with an accident, its your clue to wear a helmet and drive safely. If you continue making the same mistake he made... well, then you will become an example for someone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment