Saturday, October 15, 2011

Strangers

What an Experience...
I'm on my way back after a short stint on a project away from home.
The day we walked into the client's office, we knew only a couple of people, that too by their voices. For the first 3-4 days, I was actually struggling with remembering the names of the team members (yes, I am bad with remembering names), then some of the guys came forward, suggested places to visit, we shared a few jokes and before we knew, we were no longer strangers.
It has been four months now and the kind of comfort we had can be seen in the fact that our goodbyes were really long. We parted with momentoes, memories, lovely cards signed and written with nice messages. We parted being more than just client and service provider.
Of course the professionalism has been maintained, results delivered, discussions and arguments had and all the regular client vendor stuff happened. That cannot be compromised.
That apart, the way I get to know my colleagues on the project changed hugely. Having worked for a couple of years, we grew to know each other much better in these 4 months than in the last couple of years.
Now, lets look back at some of the other relationships we have, there are a few people whom we have known for a few years now. How comfortable are we with them?
I may not be so comfortable with my mom & dad as I am with my brother. I may not be as comfortable with my brother as I am with my friend.
Who exactly is a stranger?

No comments:

Post a Comment