Monday, January 21, 2013

A time for everything...

I was so confident when I was waiting for my results. I had cleared all the exams in first attempt and was sure I was going to clear this one too.
I was confident that I was the best one in my group, infact my confidence was bordering arrogance.

Then, the results came and I had failed my CA Final exams. This was my first failure in a very very long time and I was not sure how to handle it. At that time, I was cursing the Institute and my only regret was that my professional career had been delayed by 6 months.

In the hindsight, I do think it was for a good reason. Those 6 months of preparation, studies all over again. Those 6 months of people asking me and everytime I have to reply that I failed... Those 6 months taught me humility... taught me how to handle failures... taught me to get up again...
In the hindsight, it looks like that particular attempt was not the right time for me to clear the exams. Of course I cleared the exam after 6 months and was a full fledged professional.

When I grew in love with her, it took a long time for things to work out... some struggles... those struggles looked unfair at that time... In the hindsight, maybe I was not ready for things to work out in the first time. Maybe it was the right time I was supposed to wait for...

Once I missed a project because I got my travel documents just 15 minutes late. Trust me, that was the most disappointing moment at that time... In the hindsight, maybe that was not the right time for me to go.

I always wanted to have a particular bike model for myself. I have never had the pleasure to drive a brand new bike of my own. Then, when the time came, I ended up buying a car instead. Maybe the timing was right for a car and not for a bike...

We grew up listening to our elders say - "Nobody gets more than what he deserves and before he deserves"

I have grown to become a strong believer in the timing part. I strongly believe that whatever happens, happens exactly when it is supposed to... never before, never late... exactly when it should...

We may try hard, put efforts, pray... do everything in our powers... We may be able to decide the "What" we desire... but we definitely can't decide the "When"...
Things will only happen when they are supposed to... There's a time for everything....

Beware... This is where your cunning mind will take over...
"Gulshan, if everything has to happen at its own time, then why should I work and put in efforts. Even if I don't do anything, it will still happen... right?"

No...
You still need to put in the efforts... Exams don't pass themselves, projects don't get closed by themselves, assets don't build themselves, success doesn't come by itself...
There's a "When" for every "What" you desire...
Funny thing is that we don't know when the "Whens" will come, so we actually need to be working on the "Whats" continuously so that we don't miss the right "Whens"

Think about it... there's a time for everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment