Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Asato ma sad gamaya...

असतो मा सद्गमय।।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय।।
मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय।।
ॐ शांति शांति शांति।।

This is an ancient prayer commonly said on the festival of Diwali.
Literally transalated, it means -
From ignorance, lead me to truth.
From darkness, lead me to light.
From death, lead me to immortality.
Om, let there be peace... peace... peace...

This has been the prayer every Diwali in every Hindu household for probably thousands of years...

Something which I shared last week was still running inside my head today...

How long will we keep asking God to take us from ignorance to truth???
How long will we keep asking God to take us from darkness to light???
How long will we keep asking God to lead us to eternal life???
How long will we keep asking for peace???

Why can't we be the truth in our life... Why not be our own light... Why not live an eternal life in this lifetime...

Infact even better... Why not ask God for the strength so that we can be the Truth and Light in a few peoples' lives... Why not we make a few lives so beautiful that they become Eternal... Why not we become the Peace in a few more lives...

Tell me something... If I can bring Truth, Light and Peace in someone's life, won't I achieve that and a lot more in my own life???

This Diwali, when I sit for my prayer... I'm not going to ask Light or Truth or Immortality or Peace... I'm only going to pray for enough strength to become so good that I become the Source of Light... Source of Truth... Source of Peace for others... I know I will be well taken care of...

Wishing you an Outstanding... Peaceful... Blissful... Happy Diwali...

1 comment: