Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Annual Appraisal!!!

Yep... that's right... Today was my yearly performance appraisal.

I got spoiled today, went out for a movie, had junk food for Breakfast, Chinese for lunch, 3 large Sprites, more cold drinks.

I started my day with 3 different types of cakes and right from the beginning of the day, I was showered with tons and tons of love, gifts, greetings... today was the day I became a part of this world...

Its only in the last half hour that I actually sat down and digested how amazing a day I had. Obviously, the question came... Have I earned this day?

Every year this day reminds me of how many people care for me and the question comes - Have I cared for that many and more?

Every year this day reminds me of how much the world added to me and the question comes - How much have I added to the world?

Every year this day asks me - Have I done enough justice with what abilities were given to me???

These are typically the questions we face in an appraisal with the boss asking us the questions. But, aren't these questions what we can ask ourselves every once in a while?

Thankfully, I seem to have the answers... I think I have cared for those who care for me... atleast that if not more...
I think I have added a bit more to this world than what I have taken from it...
I think I have lived up to my abilities...
I think I have made a difference in a few more lives...

The overall verdict of this year's appraisal - "Met Expectations. Can do better. Have more aggressive goals and keep working towards meeting those goals"

I think my yearly appraisal with myself went well today if not great...

Thanks to all those who have contributed to my lifetime... I assure you that I'll live upto your expectations and more...

5 comments:

  1. its a funny feeling in corporates.. We work whole the year round for a hike in our salary. Works best for the corporation.. And is it worth for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Gulluji........ u have not said that atlast did u get a hike??????????

    There is no doubt ...... i know u r very good at Eating!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GulGulanand baba what was thoes three types of cakes? please, tell me and why three?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh antaryami mujhe bahut sochne pe majboor kar diya

    ReplyDelete