Thursday, April 28, 2011

Something's wrong with me...

This guy went to a Doctor with a pain issue.
Doctor: What is the problem?
Patient: I've got body pain.
Doctor: Where does it pain?
Patient: Everywhere.
Doctor: Can you show me where?
The patient used his left index finger to point out all the places. He touched his left ankle, right knee, stomach, right elbow, right shoulder, neck, nose and forehead and said all these places are hurting.
The doctor was smart, he took a bandage and tied it on the patient's left index finger.

I gave an instruction to one person, he executed it incorrectly. I gave the same instruction to another person and he made the same mistake. I have 2 options - either keep complaining that nobody understands me, or think again. Maybe the problem is not with the people but something is wrong in the way I am giving instructions.

I worked with one boss, it was a bad experience. I worked with another boss, it was even more horrible, I have never been able to find a good boss. There are 2 possibilities - Either the God decided to give me the most pathetic bosses, or greater chances are that something is wrong with me as an employee.

I went to this coaching centre to study but didn't pass the exams, I went to another one, I didn't pass the exams...
I read this book but it didn't click, I read that book but even that didn't click for me...
I have never had a loving relationship...

If I find myself repeating any of the above statements, then chances are that I'm making the same mistake as the patient we met at the beginning of this post.

Infact, all of us make the same mistake as that patient.

When everything around us looks wrong, maybe the best place to look at is within...

Maybe... just maybe something is wrong with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment