Monday, January 23, 2012

Rules of being God

Was watching Bruce Almighty yesterday. It is the story of a guy who keeps cursing God for everything wrong in his life. One day, God gets fed up and decides to meet Bruce. God gives him all his powers and wants to see him run the world for some time.
However, there are 2 rules to being God:
  1. You can’t tell anyone you are God
  2. You can’t mess with free will

I know that this is only a movie and doesn’t have anything to do with reality.
And these are really tough rules even for even God to follow.
But, I’m beginning to think that maybe just maybe, God really has to follow these rules.

Just imagine if you were in God’s place, would you tell anyone that you are God?
I guess not.
Just imagine hundreds and thousands and millions of people all coming to you to get their problems solved. Just imagine what your condition would be even if you were God.

The second rule is equally tough… you can’t control anyone’s free will.

If you were God… and you had to see your own creations destroying each other and destroying the world… wouldn’t you just want to control their minds and stop them right there…

Just imagine how it must be if someone thought of stealing something from you, zzzaaaappp… one signal came and the person decided not to steal.

Or someone is trying to kill another person… zzzaaappp… mind changed… he’s not killing anymore…

Now, imagine, you are going to say the 3 most important words to that girl… zzzaaappp… you are not going to say anything now… (because you were not meant to be)

Or… there is this amazing girl walking in an “amazing” dress next to you on the road… zzzaaappp…. You are not looking at her any more…

Your are alone at home in the evening… unlimited internet supply… and you decide to open some of those “interesting” websites… zzzaaappp… now you are looking at a religious website…

Not much fun… is it?? We would be no more than remote controlled puppets then…


I guess, we are supposed to have our own free will after all… and there is a reason we have it…

What I do with my free will is entirely upto me… and it is also my part to bear the consequences… good and bad…

I should respect the fact that this freedom to think and decide my actions… this free will… is something I have which even God doesn’t and it is my responsibility to use it well…

No comments:

Post a Comment