Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It does not matter how many Questions I ask…

It does not matter how many questions I ask… what matters is what I do with the answers I find…

The last few days have gone into a lot of thinking...

I have always been told that it is good to ask questions, but I have realized in the last few weeks that how I use the answers is more important.

We have been in this journey called “Seeking my Answers” well over 1 year now. In this time, I have shared my questions, my answers, realizations, very close and personal experiences… anything from which I learnt something, I have shared it here…

The question I need to ask myself now is “What have I done with the answers that I found?”

What have you done with the answers I have shared?

For the last few days, I have been going through each and every topic I have posted…
At the end of each topic, I ask myself – this came through me, but am I making the best use of the answer or realization that I found?

These posts come to the blog only after I am practicing them in real life… still at times, I tend to deviate from my learnings… what matters is how soon do I correct myself and come back on track…

I do get angry, I do get egoistic, I do get indecisive…  (I’m a human after all) what matters is that I realize it quickly enough and correct myself…

I receive a lot of comments / mails saying “wow… awesome post…” “well written”… etc…
But, I’m still waiting for a single mail saying “Gulshan… I learnt this from your post and this is how it has added value to me or this is how I have implemented it…”

The internet is flooded with content which is much better worded, better rhyming, much fancier and much more meaningful that what you will find on this blog…
You have not spoken to that friend for so many years... now you find an amazing quote about friendship which someone shared on facebook, you also copy it and share it on your wall without thinking twice...

You share Anna Hazare's quotes on facebook when working in office... jump the traffic signal on the way home... get caught and walk away after paying 100 bucks to the traffic cop...

Are we becoming merely carriers of knowledge???

This is not about reading a good article, feeling good about it, maybe forwarding the link and then forgetting all about it to go back and live the ordinary life style…

This is about reading someone's experience that could change your life forever... no matter how small the change is...

I know some of the regular readers who have read each and every post on this blog… this is a request to those readers… please go back and read those postings again… all the links are available in monthly archives on the right side... ask yourself if you have done justice to the learning shared in that post…

Nothing happens without a reason… If I have written this today, it was meant to be written… If you are reading it right now… you were meant to…

What are you going to do after you have finished reading this is what matters…

It does not matter how many questions I ask… what matters is what I do with the answers I find...

No comments:

Post a Comment