Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sorry for the bad joke...

There is a very thin line between humour and sarcasm.

A bad joke even if it is in good humour can do a lot more damage than a few bad word spoken in anger.

This one's dedicated to all my really really close friends who I value a lot.

Exactly a week ago, I cracked a joke which I thought was funny, but turns out that unknowingly I have hurt some of my friends.

I am sorry to all my friends for the impropriety on my part. It was never my intention to send across a wrong message.

I believe this is the best way to say sorry because if I come and apologise to you in person, I might end up hurting you more.

I know I can get pretty weird when it comes to jokes, thats why most of my jokes are on myself. Even this bad joke was on myself, but I guess I crossed the line.
If you have felt bad, then it means that you value me as a friend and I value that more than anything else.

I am really really sorry if I have struck the wrong cords,
I will make sure this does not happen again
and if there is anything I can do to fix this, I will do it.

I know the power of words, and that the damage done by words can never be healed.

I promise to you that I will be more careful in cracking jokes in the future.


By the way, for those who are still confused, this post was intended only for those friends of mine who know the background and were there at that time and at that place.

If what I'm talking about didn't make sense to you, then it means you were not there at that time.

Please don't go on a hunting trip to find out what I'm talking about.

If possible, take a lesson from my mistake and maybe learn the value of humour.

1 comment: