Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just come up and see...

Went to a trek a few months ago, it was an 'interesting' trek coz the friend taking us made us climb the hill twice in a single trip. By the time we reached the top of the hill, I was tired, frustrated, panting and wheezing and in a pretty unhappy mood.
At the top of the hill, there was a pole with ladder rungs attached to it. It was for people to climb the pole and enjoy the view from the pole top on the hill top.
My friend climbed the pole and took a lot of snaps, called me to climb up and see but I was too tired of the trek so I passed it.
Few days later I went there with another friend. This time I climbed the pole and my friend was too tired. It was an awesome view, I never knew that a 15 feet pole could change the view so much.
I kept telling my friend - just come up and see... Again and again but no use.
Thinking about it yesterday I realized how powerful this realization is...
A doctor always wants his kids to be doctors... Why??
Because he has been up there, seen the reverence, the respect... And he wants his kids to experience that...

A CA always wants his children to be CAs because he has seen the professional excellence, the trust and he wants them to experience that.
Once a friend of mine who is a regular smoker and drinker told me - Gulshan, you don't know what you are missing...
I told him, you don't know what you are missing...
Do you remember the feeling of clear lungs...
That feeling of running 100 mtrs without panting...
That feeling of getting up without a hangover...

A manager is a manager only if he can create managers. A leader is a leader only if he can create leaders...

I have this obsession that whenever I experience something great, I have to tell it to everyone and make sure everyone experiences it... At times I become a bit aggressive in trying to show convince others...

If you have tasted that sense of success, that victory, that promotion, if your student has ever scored a rank, when your subordinate goes on to become a manager himself... You will know exactly what I'm talking about...
At the end of it, all I'm trying to say is for God's sake, just come up and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment