Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Split - Part 2

Ok... now you will ask me "What is the impact of these small, seemingly harmless splits on one's life? These are some of the things almost all of us do and no harm has come so far... Why do you have to exaggerate so much?"

I have only one question for you - "How do I know that the face I am seeing right now and talking to right now is the true face?"

How do I know that when I share something close to my heart, it will remain between us and not be misused?

How do I know that when I crack a joke, your laughter is genuine?

How do I know that when I give you the work, whether you are taking it up happily or not eventhough you are showing excitement?

How do I know that when you say you won't do something, you really won't do it?

How do I know that when you say you will do something, you really will do it?

Ok, too much of you... you... you... I'll take myself as an example...

We are standing at the middle of the road and I keep looking at each and every girl that passes by. If you know that I have a very wrong way of looking at girls... will you feel comfortable meeting me with your wife and sister?

You know that I drink every evening, will you bring your kids next to me?

You know that I pretend to work in front of you, but take too long to finish each work (I'm just wasting too much time behind your back)... will you delegate work to me?

I know what you are thinking... "these splits are still in very small and in unimportant places."

Humanly, it is not possible to have a watertight compartment inside our head... Whatever is our attitude in small things will also be our attitude in big things.

You want to check if you have a split within yourself... I'll give you one single test... (I'm a strong believer in this one)
Stand in front of a mirror and look into your eyes... see how long you can hold your own gaze...
You will either walk away more satisfied or you will walk away thinking...

3 comments:

  1. Agreed Gulshan completely the world will be a better place if these personalities were even.

    Now one question yo have probably pointed out some cases let me ask a few questions

    1. If u feel offended (small petty personal/corporate issue) by someone do you point it out the same way if he/she is
    a. family
    b. friend
    c. colleague
    d. boss
    e. big boss
    f. stranger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion we have a lot of corporate rules, that forces us to behave differently with different people.

      We tend to behave nicely with boss as he will appraise us.

      We tend to behave competitively with collegue as we are competing for that share of increment

      I hope we will be able to collect the courage to move way from these splits and lead a transperent life.

      Delete
  2. Gulshan I agree that we do have splits.

    I have adopted these splits to reduce fights in my personal relationship.

    I have also adopted some of these splits in my professional life for visibility of my work and task.

    At the core of my heart i know that this is manipulation and manipulation does not have longer life.

    Is there a way we can get away from these splits?

    ReplyDelete