Sunday, June 24, 2012

As your SOW so you reap

Yep... you read it right... and no... there is no typo error either...
The title is exactly what I wanted to type...
As your SOW... so you reap...
SOW stands for "Start Of Week"

I was about to share this learning last Sunday but somehow I didn't. It so happened that I left my house last Monday in a less than happy mood and somehow every activity I took up during the week was getting completed but not in a good mood.
The last week only strengthened my faith in my belief...
My Teacher has taught me - "The Belief you hold at the beginning of the journey defines the journey"
I'm a strong believer in this one single statement and the ones close to me have seen this in my personal mails as a signature.
This statement came to me through my teacher somewhere in December 2009 and since then it turned my life around. All I had to do was adopt this statement as a thinking process and 2 and half years later this has become my second nature.
Very often, we begin our journey the wrong way... Monday morning is the best example I can think of right now.
We are starting off a new week tomorrow morning... Lets just do this small test...
Answer my questions honestly...
What is your thought process when you get up on a Monday morning?
What are you thinking when you get into your office on Monday morning?
Most of us... including me... are clearing up the backlog of previous Friday on the Monday morning. We could have easily sat for an extra 15 minutes on Friday evening and finished it up.

Infact these Monday morning symptoms are so strong, that we have even invented the term... "Monday Morning Blues"...
What I don't understand is how could someone be anything less than 100% on a Monday morning after 2 full days of recharge period. (unless you are doing some energy expenditure over the weekend)

Lets do this experiment and have a powerful start for our Monday tomorrow morning. After all, even our elders used to say the same thing... we just found a new meaning for it...

As your SOW... So you reap...
As your (Start Of Week)... so you reap... (the fruits of the week...)

Think about it...

Have a fantastic week ahead...

2 comments:

  1. Gulu...... most of the ppl have only 1 day to recharge as saturday is a working day.......

    But i agree with you that the Belief you hold at the beginning of the journey defines the journey.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also say that excessive recharge makes one lazy and thus in the weekend too one must do some activity other than just keep resting so as to avoid the so called Monday Blues.

    ReplyDelete