Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Give "why" a break...

I have a major strength. I have a very logical mind and will never do anything which I don't understand. This applies to all places... Work, studies, everywhere... If I'm asked to do something in a certain way, I need to understand why I'm doing it that way, else I won't do it. It's a great strength and I know the value it has added to me. The rule of life has become --- "Don't do anything unless you know why you are doing it..."
At times it does become my weakness.
Through a bunch of recent experiences, I have learnt that at times we need to do things for someone else even if we don't know why and what we are doing.
It's perfectly ok to ask why debit and why credit.
It's perfectly ok to ask why hydrogen and oxygen both fuel fire but water puts fire out.
It's ok to ask why we should jog every morning.
It's ok to ask why we should be punctual everywhere.
It's ok to ask "whys" which have answers...
But, at times, there are "whys" which don't have answers...
Why do you love me?
Why should I love you?
Why should I put flowers at the feet of that statue with an elephant head?
Why does this happen to me?
Why did he/she do this to me?
Why me?
There are tonnes and tonnes of whys which we can go on asking but will never find a satisfactory answer.
If my loved one is asking me to do something and if I love and trust that person and it's something that could possibly not hurt me, then I think I can skip the why and go ahead and do it.
Especially in relationships, it's the best thing to skip a few whys every now and then. Life just might become easier.

2 comments:

  1. Being analytical doesnot work with emotions!!! LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Gullu..

    had just started thinking in those line.. was starting to ask the question why... and here comes your post..

    well this is called timing :)

    ReplyDelete