Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dhatad Tatad

"sun le shor chun chun ke shor bhi ek manzar hai..."

Translation --- from the noise, choose what you want to listen... the noise is nothing but a scene (alright i never scored the highest in language translations... but i guess you get the point)

During the song, this blind girl will learn to catch a hen just listening to its sound and ignoring all the sounds around including the sounds of the other hens.

These lines are from a song from Lafangey Parindey. The movie is about a blind girl and how a person teaches her to see by following sounds and smells (and they fall in love and the other hindi movie stuff happens)

Was just listening to the song other day while getting ready for office and something struck a chord somewhere.
We all do it in someway or the other...
On the road... among the group of those girls, somehow we choose to see the prettiest one.
In a store... somehow we manage to pick the best design.
In a packed traffic jam... somehow we find that gap just enough for the bike to go through.
While watching that program... we are able to concentrate on it inspite of all the disturbance around.
In spite of all the traffic sound around... I am still able to speak to my girlfriend on phone :p

I used to chase sunrises once... its a beauty only He can create... When the sun rises, I see the sun... Of course there are hills, birds, trees, stones under my feet, some traffic sound sometimes, and so many other things...
But among these all, I still choose to see the sun rising. All these factors come together to make the sunrise more majestic, but still I see the sunrise.

Knowingly or unknowingly we all do this (listen to the sound among the noises)
Once my boss told me when I was going on a project... "you will get a lot of issues and all will come at the same time... best way to handle them is to take one at a time and solve it. Never try to solve all at the same time."

Even in the class, I see my students struggling because they cannot handle the pressure of a regular college and professional course at the same time... recently I shared in my class this same thing. When going to college, think about the college, when in the professional course, think about the course... this is where we go wrong... as a result, our thoughts are nothing but a lot of noise inside the head and we can't focus on the thoughts that really matter...

In the house we think about work, at office we think about the movie coming weekend and so on...

My teacher keeps telling me time and again --- "A Time for Everything and Everything in that Time Only... A Place for Everything and Everything in that Place only"
It can be something so simple to implement and yet something so difficult to follow consistently.

I guess this song strengthens the message once again and I have once again found a key.
Key to what, don't know yet...
But i know that I'm beginning to hear the Sound among noises... after all noises are just a Scene.

2 comments:

  1. Gullu its awesome !!!! out of the world!!!! too toooooo goood!!!

    ReplyDelete