Thursday, October 28, 2010

That feeling of "Sometimes I just hate my job" - Part II

Continuing where we left in the last post...
Maybe... Just Maybe... our answer is hidden in this post...
That thought which comes once in a while...
"What the h**l am I doing here"
or
"I don't deserve to be in this job"
or
"Its not worth being here"

All of us go through that phase at some point or the other.

I guess an occasional flash of such a thought is not wrong, it only means that you are being tested. But if you find that thought coming to you 3 times a day... then I think its not ok.
The question you should ask yourself is "Did you take up the job just for the monthly paycheck?"
I have done enough number of jobs starting from selling jeans and t-shirts to being a decision maker in top management and I know one thing for sure... everytime I took up the job just for the money... I found myself unhappy and miserable at the job. No matter how much I tried, I was unable to get that passion towards my job.
As a result, I ended up quitting and moving on for a better "paying" job.
One day my teacher asked me one question - "If you had all the money in the world... will you continue doing what you are doing right now?"
If the answer is "Yes", then you are in the right job. But if the answer is "No", then you really need to do some thinking.

(I know, the first answer your cunning mind will give is "If I had all the money in the world, I will not do anything at all"... be very careful and don't fall in that trap. A man's fall begins the day he stops working)

I think holding on to this question has helped me a lot in making the right choices.
Today if you ask me this question, I will probably say Yes because right now I really like whatever I'm doing... every monday I look forward to go to office... a new challenge every day gives me a kick... I'm learning something new everyday and I'm still in touch with the very roots of my professional qualifications... if I did have all the money in the world, I'll probably still continue to do what I'm doing right now.

Take some time for yourself, sit back, relax and ask yourself this question:
"If you had all the money in this world, will you continue to do what you are doing right now???"

1 comment: