Thursday, October 14, 2010

To Accept the Pain or To Give up the Pleasure???

Was going through a crazy eye infection. Got the eyes checked with the Doc, she said that I should not touch or rub the eyes no matter how much they pain or itch. Once home, the eyes started itching again and the game of itch and scratch started.
The eyes would itch lightly, they feel better when I rub. As soon as I stop rubbing, they start itching even worse, I have to rub more and feel better for a few seconds. By now they are red and puffy and teary and I am rubbing the life out of my eyes.
This is the crazy game of pains and pleasures.

Way back in school, I had a fight with the class bully. I had only one thing on my mind... "I should land atleast one punch on his nose (pleasure)... even if he gives me 5 later (pain)"... I was willing to take the pain of beating just to experience the pleasure of punching the class bully in the nose.

You know that drinking at night will result in a painful hangover in the morning (pain), but you still go ahead and booze on all the alcohol possible (pleasure).

You know that a mishap would result in broken bones (pain) but you still want to rip and can't give up the pleasure of overspeeding.

That spicy food will give health issues (pain) but still you want to the pleasure of having it.
You know that you might end up with doctors tearing away your flesh in front of your eyes (definitely lots of pain) but you still want to have the pleasure of that one fag, that one sachet...

I know if I speak to her till 2 in the night, I will have a headache when I get up at 6 in the morning, but somehow I am willing to take the pain of headache but don't want to give up the pleasure of talking to her.

I guess as a human being, if I have to choose between giving up a pleasure and taking up a pain... somehow I am willing to take up the pain but can't give up the pleasure.

Looks like it takes a lot of strength to give up a pleasure when compared to taking up a pain. Guess thats what will make me stronger...

No comments:

Post a Comment