Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why does life have to be like Sensex

Was just thinking the other day "It has been a long time since I have made a mistake in teaching... somehow the students are able to understand and pick the class content very well... looks like I'm growing consistently in this aspect...
BANG... the very next class I made so many mistakes that one of the students actually told "Gulshan... you need a coffee!!!" (yes, my students call me by name)

Have just been observant since then and somehow this seems to be a pattern in every aspect of my life.

When I think I have not gotten angry for a long time, I have gained control over my anger.... I land up having an anger burst on something very small within the next few days...

When I think work is going excellent... I might just make a very stupid mistake...

Everytime I pat myself for not having a wrong thought for a few days... I end up slipping somewhere in my thinking process.

Everytime I think "Kya bike drive karta hoon!!!"... I have a close call

In short... Every time the Sensex rises and we notice it rising... IT FALLS....

All of us at some point or the other go through this experience in different aspects of life... Dont we???


Looking back at it... I guess something like that is required to keep growing...

If I had not made those mistakes in the class, maybe I would have become overconfident.
If I dont make that stupid blunder at work, maybe I will become complacent and make a bigger blunder somewhere else.
If I had not had those close calls on the bike, maybe I will become careless and end up as a rash driver.
If Sensex did not fall... the markets will not go through a correction process and the true value of assets will not be reflected.

The one thing common in all these experiences is that whenever I deviated from the system, deviated from the rules, took a short cut... the correction happens...

Looks like thats what it is...  a Correction Factor... to make sure that we dont lose direction and control...
Got a beautiful sms today --- "They say mistakes are the first step to success... Fact is... Correction of mistakes is the first step to success"

These corrections are what keep me on the guard... prevent me from becoming overconfident... make sure I stay on track... make sure I stay on the Growth Track.

1 comment: