Monday, February 14, 2011

I Shouldn't Have...

Recently, I was on an eating spree with a few friends. We were a group of about 5 friends and eating dinner at restaurants everyday. There was this amazing character in the group who I found to be particularly interesting, he was a huge guy (6ft 3), lets call him the “Big Guy”.
When we ordered the meal on the first day, he ordered only a Fruit Salad and a Juice.. Reason being that he was on a diet. I ordered for a Cheese Veg Augratin for myself J.
started Then, as our orders arriving, he got interested in a particular dish another friend had ordered and took a bite from it. This way he took a test bite from all the orders. Finally he really liked one particular grilled dish and order a portion for himself.
After the meal, we ordered desserts and the Big Guy followed the same routine. He first ordered only a single scoop vanilla icecream but ended up ordering another Banana Split Large.
At the end of the dinner, He was the one who had started off by saying that he was on a diet and He was the one who ended up eating the most.
As we were coming out of the restaurant, I heard the Big Guy saying “Today’s dinner was too heavy, I shouldn’t have eaten so much.”
Next day, the Big Guy came to office with a Heart Burn and spent the full day saying that he would follow a disciplined diet for the rest of the week.
That evening, the same story repeated itself.
Next Morning, “I think I have an upset stomach” says the Big Guy.
This process of filling up well and cribbing away the next morning went on for the whole week.

At one time, I really felt like asking “You decided to eat less, nobody kept a gun on your head and asked you to overeat, you yourself decided to order the excess food, you yourself over-ate… then what is the point of complaining?”

This is just the example, so many times we do things which we know are not okay. We ourselves decide that we won’t do something, then we ourselves override our own decision, and then we complain.

This is the inability to stick to one’s decision. It reflects in every aspect of a persons life, office, personal life, health… everywhere.

If I find myself saying this sentence very often – “I shouldn’t have…”, then maybe, just maybe I’m suffering from a weakness where I can’t stick to my own decisions.

I guess, if I can take care of this one weakness, I will be a much Better and Responsible decision maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment