Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We are Tolerant with God but not with Man...

The topic in this post came to me through my teacher. Today it comes to you through me. When I heard it, it was theory. Just recently I experienced it practically.

One fellow fell from the first floor balcony and broke his arm. In the hospital, I heard one of the neighbours saying "Thank God its just a fracture and he didn't suffer any serious injuries"

A few years ago, one of my relative had his leg literally shattered in a freak accident. Doctors had to operate for hours and implant a metal rod to save his leg. I heard his mom say in the hospital "Thank God that I have my son back"

I was a part of a bike accident last Feb when my bike malfunctioned and skid in the middle of the road for no reason. The only reason I lived to write this post is that the nearest vehicle behind me (a public transport bus) was far behind and swerved in time to avoid my head. The moment I got up I said in my mind "Thank God the bus was far behind"

These were our transactions with God. Lets look at how we transact with Man.

That guy said he will call back and didn't call back. The first thought that comes to our mind is "He's trying to avoid me"
Someone forgot your birthday and you think "He's taking revenge because I said something wrong to him"
Your boss comes and fires you for something you did wrong and you start thinking that your boss does partiality because he didn't fire your colleague when that colleague made a mistake.
You don't go to his wedding because he didn't come to yours.

Why are we able to practice tolerance with God but don't have any tolerance with Man?

Just because we think God is all powerful we try to look for positive in all his actions.
Just because we think we can be more powerful than another person, we don't have any tolerance towards that person.

I'm not saying that we should treat everyone as God.
Atleast, can I give a benefit of doubt to a person's mistakes and just tell myself "He/she is a good person. There must be a reason for whatever he/she did, let me give him/her one more chance"

I guess if I could just achieve this much, the way I look at things will change for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment