Monday, September 17, 2012

Don't waste it...

Just got off watching the movie Iron Man. Its amazing how we can miss the most profound learnings even after life slaps them in our face more than half a dozen times. Well, atleast thats the number of times I've seen this movie.

In this movie, the hero (originally a weapons designer) is almost killed in an explosion and a scientist saves his life by building a contraption around his heart. The hero is held captive but helped by this scientist at every step. With the help of this scientist, the hero escapes in his invented robot suit but the scientist is killed.
Just before the scientist dies, here's what they spoke...
Hero: Thank you for saving my life.
Scientist: Don't waste it... Don't waste your life...

"DON'T WASTE IT... DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE..."

I asked myself this question... If I were to be held accountable for every day of my life... Will I be able to answer for it???

There are thousands of people who did not get up today morning. I got up. He chose to give me a day of life which so many did not get. There must have been a reason for it... right?

There are so many who may not get up tomorrow morning. But I know I will, I know He has a plan for me.

He still feels that I'm worth investing a day of Life.

Right now as I asked myself - Today.... Have I been worth the Life that was given to me today?? Maybe not. I did not touch a life today.
So here I am, sharing my realisation at well past midnight... hoping that these 10 minutes invested from my Life will touch another Life and make a difference...

In the material world, we make huge achievements every day. You could have made a few millions today, but how much of it was invested in Life. What you and I achieved was achieved because 1 day worth of Life was invested in us. Did we invest back in Life???

All our achievements are needed for us to grow and we have to continue that... but where is our investment in Life? Our Life? The Lives of our loved ones? The Life of a stranger you bump into on the road?

Almost everyday I touch a life... by inspiring... by teaching... by loving... by guiding... by helping someone grow... someone... anyone... even a stranger. By doing so, I'm giving Life a reason to give me another day so that I can touch a few more lives.

The more I invest in Life... The more Life will invest in me...

I'll make every single day invested in me... worth investing...

Every day that I end... I'll ask myself... Was I worthy of the today given to me?

With Gratitude in my heart that I was given a day of Life...
With the knowledge that I have lived a day I was worthy of...
Signing off for the night...

Wishing you most and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment