Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Teacher's Day...

Every day when we get up in the morning, we have an emotion. When you have the results coming out, you get up with that knot in your stomach. When you have that new car delivery to take, you get up all excited. When you have that project starting, you get up all energized. When you have that date with him / her, you get up... Oh wait... You wouldn't have slept all night anyways....
The point is that we all carry an emotion when we get up in the morning. This depends on what we are looking forward to on that day... And the day in turn becomes the result of that starting emotion.
Even I go through the same... A new emotion every day. With just one exception.
For years together, there is one day every year when I get up with only one emotion in my heart. That emotion is that of Gratitude.
A deep sense of gratitude comes over every year on 5th of September. This is the day the world celebrates as a Teacher's Day. Today was no different. I woke up, paid my gratitude to all the teachers who have contributed to my life. Spoke to some and thanked some in spirit.

A friend of mine overheard me speaking to my teacher... He said "I also wanted to wish, but I've lost the number."  I didn't say anything to that friend, but I definitely know that I spent over 2 hours to recall a number I had myself forgotten. And I know I would have gone to any extent and called anyone to find that Teacher's number.
A lot has been spoken about teachers. I think that the only true tribute to my teachers would be if I can live to my full potential... Achieve the best... Be the best... And still stay humble and be able to dedicate all my success to my teachers.

With lot of gratitude I dedicate this sharing to all the teachers who have walked into my life. This sharing is my tribute to all the teachers in my life with a promise that I will be that student you will be proud of. I will make your time spent on me worth it. I will make my teachers proud.

Do you have the courage to make that promise?

Did you wish your teachers a Happy Teacher's Day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment